Tuesday, February 21, 2012




ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JOSH A DULL BOY

 
I had to put getting the business ready for business junk on hold for a while and do something important.  All I could think about
was the things I needed go get done to make the business work and wound up getting nothing done.  To remedy my artistic constipation I grabbed a piece of poplar and the first woodworking tools I ever owned, Pfeil palm gouges given to me by The Jen.  

What I started working on was a Mexican folk art cross similar to one I made more than a decade ago.  After a quick sketch, with Swiss Steel in hand, I began carving the poplar like it was butter.  Within minutes everything seemed fine.                                               

We all cope in different ways, let your mechanism open your eyes.

 
Jen used to make fun of me for keeping old cigar boxes around the house.

1 comment: