Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Depression Sucks!

I hate depression! I absolutely hate it! The Serenity Prayer rings so true, but where I struggle the most is when the things that I cannot change affect me even though I can do nothing but accept them for what they are. And those things just start to chip away at your soul and your hope and wear on you like no other concerns can. The state of the economy has put us in circumstances that we cannot seem to get out of easily. And it appears to be affecting our friends too. None of us have the time for each other to hang out any more and we're all restricted financially, so the things that we used to do together have all but ceased. We're all depressed and down because we cannot seem to get our circumstances to change and they are difficult to accept. It's a tough battle to fight and I have to say, it's starting to wear on us both and leaving us a bit hopeless.

And of course, it has a ripple effect....like lack of creativity and not wanting to talk much. Yes, it is what it is and no, we don't want to talk about it. It's tough enough to live it.



And as depressing as this post started
out because I wanted to be real in it, I realized that I am full of hope again. We just shared our own emotions yesterday and by expressing a little bit of how we each feel, somehow we feel closer and more at ease. Because we expressed those feelings to each other, I found that it was easier to communicate my feelings to others and to express how I feel in here. Then yoga today, I set my intention to be for the universe to express understanding, compassion, and hope. It does cycle and there is a good chance that I'll fight it again, but for now, hope is prevailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment