Monday, June 4, 2012

Can't Miss a Week

I'm a numbers person. I'm not an accountant, but I LOVE monitoring numbers that show improvement. No matter what it is - weight loss, goals, increasing savings, and now I'm watching our stats with this blog (# of reads), Etsy page, Twitter account, and on Pinterest. So, last week, Memorial Day happened and I didn't have much to blog about because, well.... I was working! I had to finish painting on an order that we have with a June deadline. (It's a secret project, but here's a glimpse of it in very beginning phases - we'll show you more when the order is delivered sometime this month). Then, work kicked in gear. So, I opted to skip the week's blog and our #s didn't go up near as fast as they did last week! *GASP*

Ironically this Saturday, I find myself advising a friend to not focus on the numbers so closely because they will drive you crazy..... Um, I think I need to listen to my own advice. I just like seeing them move so much! :) I can't help myself and I know she can't either.

Why are we so hung up on the numbers and stats moving or at least staying the same? For her, it's a "Like" on her Facebook page. For me, it's hoping that over 100 people look at this blog and go to our Etsy page within a week. Hopefully, we'll gain their "Like" on our Brass Hammer Designs Facebook page and their following for this blog,our Etsy store, Twitter account, and Pinterest. And all this with that ultimate goal of a PURCHASE! That's why my friend is worried about one "Like" lost as well. But in 1 year and even 5 years, this won't matter. One week or one day's worth of activities on our social media networks will not matter in that amount of time. The goal is to gain confidence. We just have to keep pushing on, doing what we know best, and hope that in the long run, the businesses are successful.

Now, I'm really excited to show you what we just did to try to work on the success of this business. We made a make-shift photo box  and have been taking some fantastic pictures! Take a looksy!
Yin $350

Yang $350

Stout $300

Emerging Swan $200




Until next time.....
Jen Crandall, Wife/Manager
Brass Hammer Designs (Follow our Facebook page, Pinterest, our Etsy store and follow us on Twitter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment